Steps to Get a Smooth Glowing Skin
- Keep makeup to a minimum and be sure to cleanse yourself properly.
- Apply a sunscreen to your skin and a chapstick/lip balm with SPF.
- Wash your face with a gentle cleanser in the morning when you wake up, like Cetaphil.
- Wash your face before you go to bed at night. Your face has been exposed to polluted air, oils from your hands, and other environmental factors all day. Remember to never go to bed with make-up on.
- Wash your face with warm/hot water to open your pores. Then use your cleanser and rinse off with warm/hot water. Finish by rinsing with cold water or rubbing ice on your face to close your pores and help keep them clean.
- Steam your pores open to cleanse about once a week. How?
- Boil a pot of water. You can add a drop of something like rosemary oil, if you like.
- Drape a towel over your hair.
- Hold your face about 6" away from the water's surface for about 3-5 minutes.
- Cleanse and follow up with the cold water or ice.
- Exercise. Cardio is what will give your skin that glow, because it stimulates blood flow.
- Use a nutritive skin care product at night and get plenty of sleep.
- Use a weekly moisturizing or anti aging mask on face and neck, preferably after exfoliating the skin.
- Drink 6-8 glasses of water a day. This will help clear your skin and give it a glow, because it will help rid toxins from your body.
- It is crucial to have a healthy diet:
- You are what you eat, and incorporating healthy food like vegetables, fruits, grains, and protein will help. Omega 3 Fatty Acids found in fish and walnuts is especially beneficial to your skin. Vitamin C will help existing pimples heal faster, so eating a few servings of things like citrus fruits will help. If you're worried you aren't getting enough of necessary vitamins and minerals, try taking a multivitamin.
- Steer clear of foods and drinks high in sugar and caffeine. Which means you should cut down on, or completely remove soda, coffee, and sugary juices from our diet.
- Try to consume less than 45g of sugar on a daily basis.
- Cut down on salty foods. Eating too much salt can make your face look bloated.
- Exfoliate about once a week also. You can do this by buying an exfoliater or by using a washcloth to rub your cleanser in - just make sure it's clean! Exfoliating will remove dead, dull skin.
- Always follow up a cleanse with a moisturizer made for your skin type. Especially after exfoliating!
- Do NOT pick at existing pimples. When you pick at or pop a pimple, you are spreading the bacteria from that onto the rest of your face.
- Try to keep your hands off your face as much as possible. Your hands naturally have oils on them that can clog pores.
- Try to keep stress to a minimum. I know for a fact that the majority of us have to deal with stress frequently, but stress can cause break-outs. Try meditating or just taking a few minutes in the day to sit back, clear your mind, and do something you enjoy.
- Use a moisturizing or anti aging facial mask once a week, preferably after exfoliating the skin.
- Use a nutritive skin care product to feed the skin during the night.
- Get plenty of sleep.