Blackheads are small “plugs” that develop in the pores of the skin. They are caused when the over active sebaceous (oil producing) glands in the skin become clogged with oil. This sebum then begins to harden in the pore. This black top of the oil plug is then forced closer to the surface of skin by the oil hardening beneath it. This then causes the blackhead to be visible. It is not clearly understood why the sebaceous glands begin to become overactive. It is often noted that this situation begins at puberty, and may stop at the end of puberty leading to the conclusion that it is hormonally controlled.
Precautions against Blackheads
- Use a gentle exfoliant to keep the dead cells off the skin and away from the pore openings.
- Cleanse the face thoroughly with a good cleanser meant for oily skin.
- Cleansing Gel to get rid of blackheads.
- A warm compress of water applied to the area of the blackhead followed by a very, very gentle pressure can help in clearing the clog from the pore.
- Avoid harsh squeezing or scraping at the blackhead. Excessive squeezing can damage the skin surround the pore and can actually increase the size of the pore leading to more blackheads in the future.
Natural Home Remedies for Blackheads removal treatment
- Drink a lot of water, about 1 gallon a day. This will clean the system out and clear the skin.
- Change the pillowcases every night. Oil can build up on the case and that could get ground into the skin.
- Wash the face in very warm water, then squeeze a fresh lemon and mix an a little salt. Apply on face let it air dry for about 20 minutes then wash face with warm water again.
- Aloe Vera juice applied twice a day can greatly speed up the healing of acne lesions.
- Just apply toothpaste dry directly on to the problem area then let it stay on for at least 25 minutes.
- Boil 2-3 teaspoons basil leaves in a cup of water. Steep 10-20 minutes. Cool, and apply with cotton ball. It is an effective herbal remedy for blackheads.
- Make a paste of fresh fenugreek (methi) leaves and apply it over the face every night for 10-15 minutes and washed with warm water. It is an `effective remedy for blackheads.