The bedroom is the most important space in the home and one spends most of his time here only. So the bedroom should be made beautiful as well as functional. It thus demands proper planning and designing that would make it aesthetic and appealing. Decorating the bedroom can be a simple task just as long as one knows what she wants to create .Whether it’s the master's bedroom or the kid's room, one just needs to pick out the best kind of furniture and with a little creativity and innovativeness, one can create a room that can be truly enjoyed.
- It is always a good idea to choose a subtle color over bold striking hues. Remember that shades such as blues, greens and lavender are considered calm and soothing. These colors can definitely set the mood of the whole room into a feeling of tranquility and deep sleep.
- A bedroom can look cozy, sophisticated, elegant or simple depending on your personal preference. One can also use the bed of her but remember to leave a minimum of three feet between the bed and furniture for ease of movement inside the space.
- In decorating this space, do not overlook the ceiling. Keep in mind that this is the fifth wall in the room so you also need to take this into account.
- If you have just the right amount of bedroom space, remember to furnish it with only what you need. For instance, in your kid's room, place kid's twin beds that are ideal for the room size to give it enough space for all the other furniture to fit inside it. Furniture such as bedside tables, a dresser and chairs are necessities.
- It is also important to choose the right size furniture to create a relative effect to the space. You can start out with a floor plan and a measured drawing of the place. In this fashion, all the needed bedroom furniture will fit perfectly into the space.
- Children's bedrooms are often themed depending on the child's interests, hobbies or favorite color. So, you need to take into account the type of children's furniture bed you are going to use. Pick out bright colors and easy care bed linens that can harmonize with the bedroom's whole theme.
- Place a small carpet around your bed if you have wood floors, to comfort and cushion your feet.
- Check your lighting and make sure you have the right lighting for your needs -bright light for reading and soft light for relaxing.